If you’re the kind of woman who doesn’t like wearing lipstick because it feels heavy, then a plain or tinted lip gloss is perfect for you.
It will make your lips look healthy and it looks really natural with just a hint of colour to give life to your face.
Making your own lip gloss is much better compared to the ones from the stores since those store-bought ones are full of chemicals that can possibly dry out our lips in the long run! Also, when you do it yourself, you can add anything to it and the total cost will still be super cheap.
Below are ingredients and instructions on how to make your own lip gloss. It’s really super easy, although, a little messy. But, the results will really be worth it.
This is quick. In about 30 minutes, you’re already done!
The ingredients are safe and organic, so you don’t have to worry about getting chapped lips.
You can also add colour to your lip gloss. It won’t be as pigmented and vibrant as a full on matte lip, but it’s enough for that healthy flush. Just make sure that you buy colourants that aren’t harmful and is safe for even the most sensitive skin! If possible, you should also choose ones that are safe in case eaten.
- Empty lip product container (with applicator if possible)
- Coconut Oil
- Castor Oil
- Beeswax Pastilles
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Lip Gloss Colourant (optional)
- Put the beeswax pastilles, coconut oil, and castor oil into a double boiler and set it to low heat. You can also put them in a separate jar, then put the jar into a large saucepan filled with water (not too much), and set the heat to medium. Either way, wait until the wax and the oils melt and combine.
- When the mixture has melted and combined, if you prefer to make your lip gloss more organic and much healthier, you can add essential oils, which can also give fragrance to it.
- If you want to add colour to your lip gloss, you can add any colourant that is safe to use. I advise you to choose an organic one.
- Once the mixture is done, pour it into a lip gloss container and let it cool while still open. Close the container when it has cooled down.
Now, glide it on and rock that glossy lip look!
- coconut oil
- coconut oil