As a recipe developer and food writer I go through quite a lot of kitchenware and am always on the lookout for something special that will make my food look great, or for the newest (or tried-and-trusted) cookware or gadget.
So, here we go… And rest assured, there is something on this list for everyone! From the avid home cook to the entertainer who likes to order-in and make their food look fab in the plating!
By the way – you get bonus points from me if you’ve managed to fool your family and friends and they think you cook everything you serve them!
TIP: House are well known for their insane sales so if something below is out of your budget, check to see if its on sale first! If not, keep an eye out, it may well go on sale soon!
For the Budding Baker & Pastry Maker!
House stock a fantastic range of bake ware and by combing a few of these products you’ll make a budding baker happy-as-Larry! In fact, even an old-hat baker would be happy with these updates!
– Keep that old kitsch baking traditions alive with these Christmas icing noddles.
Great for the environmentalist who doesn’t like using baking paper!
– Makes baking a breeze!
– Fancy-smancy frosting!
For the Cook Who Has Everything
For The Health Nut
For the Bar Aficionado
We all have that one friend who loves a good bar product and most of my friends will tell you I am that friend!
– This wine aerator is great for two reasons, first if you have a bottle of red that that’s lacking in preservatives (that’s a good thing by the way, although not so good if you cop a mouthful of sediment!) this baby will capture the sediment before it hits your glass – or – if you have a bottle that needs (as I believe the experts say) opening up. Or as us common people know it, allowed to breather
– Do you always forget to put that bottle of white in the fridge? No stress, keep one of these in the freezer and you’ve got a pourer and a chiller in one!
– Ice spheres on right on trend and these silicone ones are super easy to demould (yes that’s a word, I just coined it!)
– Decorate their glassware in metallic style with these silver and gold glass markers.
Perfect for the whisky lover, just keep the little stones in the freezer and they won’t dilute your spirit – not just for whisky!
– These brand spanking new copper bottle openers are super sexy!
For the Host
Okay, this is most likely the person in your life who DOES NOT COOK but loves to entertain and is proud of the way their (bought!) food looks! They maybe even be the person who has fooled you into thinking they are one of the best cooks you know!
– These are my favourite sparkle glasses; they’re made from high quality crystal and sit the hand beautifully – a little touch of elegance.
– Lazy susan’s were almost impossible to find a couple of years ago but they are back in fashion!
Cleaning and Sanitation Essentials
There you go! A gift idea for everyone… Enjoy!