Homemade dishwashing tablets aren’t only ridiculously easy to make, it’s also frugal!
There are so many different types and brands of dishwashing tablets out there on the market, with a sea of brands and long chemical names making it difficult to navigate through what is actually in them, not to mention that they can be quite costly up to $1.00 per cycle. By making your own, not only do you know what is in it, you can save a few bucks, too!
When making your own dishwashing tablets, you can also add your favourite essential oils. Citrus oils work really great, as does eucalyptus – it leaves your dishes smelling delicious – and not of chemicals. Plus it freshens the breath of your dishwasher!
You will need:
- A silicon ice cube tray
- 2 cups washing soda
- 2 cups borax
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 20 drops essential oils of choice (lemon, lavender, peppermint, orange, vanilla)
- Add washing soda, borax and salt together in a mixing bowl, mixing together well and ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add Vinegar and essential oils and mix until combined.
- Using a teaspoon heap into silicon ice cube tray and smooth over the top.
- Place on bench until tablets are dried out.
- Pop out each tablet and store in an airtight container.
See? It is actually easier than you think! You can find all the things you need to create your own homemade dishwashing tablets in your supermarket, and with a small amount of prep time you will have your own dishwashing tablets in no time at all!