Jody Allen Founder/Chief Content Editor
Jody is the founder and essence of Stay at Home Mum. An insatiable appetite for reading from a very young age had Jody harbouring dreams of being a published author since primary school. That deep seeded need to write found its way to the public eye in 2011 with the launch of SAHM. Fast forward 4 years and a few thousand articles Jody has fulfilled her dream of being published in print. With the 2014 launch of Once a Month Cooking and 2015’s Live Well on Less, thanks to Penguin Random House, Jody shows no signs of slowing down. The master of true native content, Jody lives and experiences first hand every word of advertorial she pens.
Mum to two magnificent boys and wife to her beloved Brendan; Jody’s voice is a sure fire winner when you need to talk to Mums.
If you feel like papers, bills, school permits, notices, mails come flying in all directions, then it’s time to activate a command centre to end the mess once and for all.
For a busy mum, organising everything in the house is no mean feat, but if you have a command centre, where everything important goes in — filed, stacked, written and scheduled — you won’t ever miss a thing again!
So, if you want to be super organised now, here are some cool command centres we found on the internet that will surely get you inspired.
1. Use the sides of your fridge where you can stick everything.
2. Customise cabinets to fit everything you need.
3. Just get a simple clipboard and some wooden clips and voila! Command centre, activated!
4. You can also make your kids’ school bag storage areas as your command centre.
5. Chalkboards are great for writing important things in.
6. Use bags with the names of your kids where you can place their important stuff.
7. Whiteboards are also cool for everything to write and stick on.
8. You can also use corkboards or old wooden cabinets for a rustic feel in your command centre.
9. You can also use frames and wooden boxes for a pretty command centre.
10. Combine everything for this lovely nook in your house.
11. You don’t need that much space for your command centre. Just use a corner in your house and that’s it!
12. Some nice inspiring words can make your command centre a stress-free area.
13. For work-at-home mums, your working place can automatically be your command centre.