50 Free School Holiday Activities for the Kids
Six weeks is a very long time for kids to be on holidays, and although there is nothing wrong with the kids being bored (in fact, it is good for them) – you still want to schedule activities to keep them somewhat amused!
1. Explore a new Local Park
2. Set up a Camping Tent in the Back Yard
3. Visit Your Local Library to see what’s on over the school holidays.
4. Visit a Museum – many museums offer free entry over the school holiday period.
5. Have a Movie Day/Night – perfect for a rainy day – snuggle in the lounge room and just chillax!
7. Organise a Day Sightseeing in the City
8. Catch a Bus somewhere new to explore your area
9. Go to the Beach – collect shells, ride the waves or just build sandcastles.
10. Go Fishing at a Local Pier.
11. Start a Vegetable Garden – start with easy vegetables and then once you can keep them alive (and eat them) – try new sorts!
12. Do a Scavenger Hunt
13. Go Bush Walking at a National Park
14. Visit a Local Market – see what treasures you can find!
15. Organise a Sleep Over with Friends
16. Discover some new sports activities and build your skill set with the Lacrosse Rebounder
17. Visit a Pool with a Diving Board or Inflatable Park
18. Put a Sprinkler Under the Trampoline and add soap
19. Watch the Entire Harry Potter Series with popcorn and snacks.
20. Go treasure hunting with Geocaching
21. Check out free online courses for kids
22. Visit the nearest botanical gardens and have a picnic there
23. Go mountain bike riding at a local trail
24. Make some salt dough or play dough
25. Make a fort out of cardboard boxes and sheets (with Mum’s permission)
26. Grab some chalk and decorate a path outside your home
27. Check out your local shopping centre for free activities
28. Board Game Day!!
30. Start a rock collection
31. Have paper plane making contest and have a competition who can make the one that flies the longest and highest!
32. Create a movie on your device.
33. Have a short story writing contest
34. Learn magic tricks and have a magic show
35. Put together a jigsaw puzzle
36. Make a crossword puzzle
37. Try Origami – there are some fantastic Youtube videos on how to start!
38. Do science experiments
39. Play Dress ups
40. Learn how to braid your own hair – here is a tutorial on how to learn.
41. Build a bug hotel
42. Make a time capsule for different times during the day
43. Make a jar of games to choose from
44. Have a bridge-building contest and test the strength with different items
45. Make natural flower crowns out of flowers and plants
46. Make an obstacle course at home
47. Have a spa pamper day
48. Make sugar crystals
49. Make stained glass jars
50. DIY racecar tracks with tape
With these fun activities, you are sure to find something that will keep the kids entertained!