With Queensland and New South Wales sweltering through a heatwave this week, it’s fair to say summer is well and truly here.
Of course, drinking water and going for a swim will be high on the list of things to do to keep cool and lower that core body temperature.
But, where’s the fun in that?
Here are some fun and different ways to keep cool this summer (when you are not drinking water and going for a swim…)
1) Go outside and fill up a big bucket of water and throw in some jugs and paint brushes and let the kids ‘paint’ whatever they want, including themselves.
2) Chuck the hose on the trampoline!
3) If you don’t have a purpose-made water slide, go old school and make one with an old tarp, detergent and water.
4) Dust off the water pistols and chase each other around. This is hot work, so make sure you actually get wet!
5) Get out the sprinkler and have a run-through. Not only will you cool down, you’ll also give the grass and nearby plants a good drink.
6)Wash the car in the shade – the kids can help with something constructive while cooling down.
7) Prepare some cool treats like frozen jelly popsicles, fruit smoothies or even plain old ice cubes are fun when you just want to chomp on something cool.
NEXT PAGE: More ways to beat the heat!