How far will you go for this finely chiseled hottie?
Would you want to be an ‘Outlander’ and travel through time? Or just be locked in ‘Heughliverse?’
Here are 15 fun facts we found out about dashing ‘Outlander’ star, Sam Heughan.
1. A Scottish lad from New Galloway, Dumfriesshire, Sam Heughan was born April 30 1980.
2. Sam Heughan Fell Into Acting By Accident When He Travelled Back to Scotland and Enrolled at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
In 2003, He was nominated for the Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Most Promising Newcomer.
3. He plays handsome Scottish highlander Jamie Fraser in the ‘Outlander’..
A TV series of novels by Diana Gabaldon about the story of a married World War II nurse, Claire Beauchamp Randall, who is transported from 1945 to 1743 Scotland.
4. He’s actually a blond. He only coloured his hair auburn for his role in ‘Outlander’ since the books describe Jamie as a ginger.
5. He auditioned for Game of Thrones Series seven times! This includes playing as a member of the Night’s Watch.
6. He loves wearing the kilt.
A knee-length skirt of pleated tartan cloth, traditionally worn by men as part of Scottish Highland dress.
You do have to learn how to wear a kilt, and it’s certainly very liberating and very freeing, but surprisingly very comfortable to wear, to ride a horse in a kilt. I was surprised by that. (via brainyquote.com)
7. His avid fans call themselves, ‘Heughligans’, and their group helps to raise money for Sam’s fave charity – Bloodwise.
8. He loves sci-fi movies and bingewatching TV shows.
Growing up with Star Trek: The Next Generation, including action adventure films such as King Arthur movies. His fave TV shows include House of Cards and Stranger Things.
“I spent a lot of time running about outdoors with a wooden stick pretending it was a sword,” he says. “I was obsessed with King Arthur legends and Robert the Bruce.” via heraldscotland.com
9. He’s still overwhelmed by the number of fans getting hysterical over his mere presence. He’s a bit of an introvert and does like his own space.
10. He sees himself as a ‘boring person’.
“There’s something about the silence of people listening to someone or watching someone – I just… I love that.” (via brainyquote.com)
11. He’s a runner and a triathlete, and is extremely fit! He launched “My Peak Challenge” in the UK a couple of years ago to help raise money for the Leukaemia and Blood Disease charity, “Bloodwise”.
12. He’s about to launch a TV show called “Men in Kilts” – in it he stars with his Outlander co-star Graham McTavish and it chronicles their journey around Scotland looking at landmarks and drinking whisky!
View this post on Instagram
13. His current physique has no traces of how he describes himself as a kid — as “probably quite fat.”
edit via thesassenach.tumblr.com
14. He had a hand in choosing the right girl for the role of Claire in the ‘Outlander’ series, which landed to Caitriona Balfe.
Though some fans are waiting for an off-screen romance for both, Sam said he wants to “live each moment” with each other.
“It is very sweet that they think that and the job has certainly brought us closer,” he says. “We didn’t want to make any preconceptions about the relationship and where they go in it. We wanted to live each moment and see where that takes us. As the viewers watch the show they will be living each moment with us.” (via Heraldscotland.com)
15. Actually, we don’t really know much about his private love life…..
…..as he’s quite reluctant to talk about it. He was in a relationship with stunning American actress, MacKenzie Mauzy (who has starred in the TV series, “The Bold and The Beautiful” and the movie, “Into The Woods”) for a couple of years but that ended and as far as we know, he is still single.
But oh lordy lordy…..we can still dream, right ladies???