I always thought bread machines were extremely unnecessary until a friend of mine convinced me to get one.
The main reason why I bought a bread machine is because as a mum, I need to know what is in the food my kids eat. Also, it saves me money and I can make just enough bread I need instead of buying a pack and not being able to finish the whole thing! What a waste.
So, I surfed the internet for healthy bread recipes I can use for the bread machine and these are the ones I’ve tried. These are super delicious – let us know how it went for you!
- 350ml water
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- Put all ingredients into your bread maker in the order from your instruction book. Mine is always liquid first then dry ingredients keeping salt and yeast to separate parts of pan. Switch on – my settings are basic, large and med crust.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Spray bread machine pan with nonstick cooking spray or baking spray.
- In a bowl, mix vegetable oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and sugar together until well blended.
- Stir in the baking powder, soda, salt, spices, and flour just until mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread machine pan and set on the cake or quick bread cycle.
- Add chopped nuts at the beep, if using.
- Carefully loosen the loaf from the pan and paddles and turn out onto a rack to cool.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 3⁄4 cup rye flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt or 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- Put all ingredients in the bread machine in the order specified by your machine’s manufacturer.
- Set on the dough setting. Let it do it’s thing, checking after 10 minutes or so to see if you need to adjust the liquid or flour.
- Let rise, take out and form as desired.
- Let rise again, and heat your oven to 350.
- Slash and bake for 15 minutes, turn and bake another 15 minutes. Test for doneness. I use an instant read thermometer, and shoot for 195-200 degrees.
- Let cool completely, slice and enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cups rolled oats uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Combine ingredients in breadmaker per your manufacturer’s instructions.
- You can replace 2 cups white bread flour with 2 cups whole wheat flour but include 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten (the original recipe suggested this).
- Makes a moist, sweet loaf.
NOTE: cook time is for the basic/white cycle (medium crust; 1½ lb loaf) using a BreadmanPlus bread machine; your machine may differ.