Bacon and Egg Pie
This Bacon and Egg Pie Recipe is my beautiful Mum’s recipe – I’ve eaten it all my life and now I make it for my family! Add as many or as little grated veggies as you like! It will last covered in the fridge for about three days, and is fantastic cold in school lunch boxes!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spray a baking tray with canola oil. Line the baking tray with the pastry (overlapping slightly) making sure it has no holes and goes at least 2cm up the sides of the pan on all sides.
- Cut the bacon and onion up into small pieces and fry until almost crispy (if you have any other veggies to add - throw them in too so they are nice and cooked).
- Pour the cooked bacon and veggies into the bottom of the pastry and spread it around evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and evaporated milk, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture carefully into the baking tray. Spread the grated cheese on top and pop in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until set and golden on top.