Bacon and Potato Soup is one of the Stay at Home Mum fans’ favourite winter warmer soup!
It is thick and hearty, fit to warm your belly on a cold night. Aside from having two of our favourite things (bacon and potatoes), bacon and potato soup freezes really well.
When you make bacon and potato soup, we suggest you make a huge batch so you always have some on hand!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Leek halved & thinly sliced
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1/4 cup Chives
- 1 Potatoes (750 Grams) peeled & chopped
- 4 Bacon Rashers diced
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 mins until crispy.
- Remove to plate lined with paper towels. Add oil and leek to saucepan (and garlic if you are using it).
- Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add potatoes and toss them around in the leek and oil to coat.
- Add the chicken stock to the saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil. Then turn heat down to low and simmer, partially covered, for approx 20 mins or until potatoes are tender.
- Blend to desired consistency then return to saucepan. Add cream and ¾ of the amount of cooked bacon.
- Stir over low heat until soup is heated through. Season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and chopped chives.
- Serve with crusty fresh bread or garlic bread.