Baileys Chocolate Caramel Lava Cakes
For a sneaky adults-only dessert for two, you can’t go past these Baileys Chocolate Caramel Lava Cakes. They’re infused with the amazing flavour of Baileys Chocolat LUXE Liqueur, blended with ooey-gooey chocolate and caramel, all wrapped up in a perfect serving-sized cake. Mmmm!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Dark cooking chocolate
- 60 grams Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 60 grams Butter unsalted, cubed
- 2 tbsp Baileys Chocolat Luxe Liqueur
- .6 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg large size, room temp
- 1 Egg Yolk also large, room temp
- 4 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Caramel Sauce Or Syrup cold
- Grease two ramekins with a bit of butter, and dust lightly in flour or cocoa powder. Put aside to prepare batter.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together slowly, mixing between each 20-second burst.
- To this mix stir through the Baileys Chocolat LUXE Liqueur, and sift the icing sugar. Stir until mix is very smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg and the egg yolk until mix is fluffy (i..e thick and pale). Add the fluffy eggs to the chocolate mix fold together until combined.
- Whisk in the flour, stirring to incorporate.
- Divide evenly between your two ramekins, filling each about 1/2 of the way before adding the caramel sauce, then filling to around 3/4 full. Pop in the fridge to cool for around 30-40 minutes (this helps with the gooey centre!).
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees and put the ramekins on a baking sheet. Pop this in the oven and bake for around 13-15 minutes, or until the lava cakes are soft int he centres but springy at the edge.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before up-ending them on serving plates. Serve warm.