Want something a bit fancy for brekky? Try this recipe for Baked Ham, Cheese and Egg Toast Cups!
Ham and cheese with eggs and toast – a delicious brekky baked in a muffin tin!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare a large-sized (ideally, but regular size can work as well) muffin tin and grease with melted butter.
- Grab a slice of bread and slice in half in a diagonal direction for you to create two triangles for each slice of bread.
- Place one of the two triangles inside a muffin cup and then put the other triangle on the opposite side.
- Press the two triangles in with the edge of the triangles up on each side of the cup. Make sure there are no gaps. In case of gaps cut a piece of the extra white bread and fill it in the gaps.
- Once done, brush butter lightly inside the muffin cups just messily, so the bread will have some butter on it.
- Add small slices of ham at the bottom
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, grated cheese and chopped parsley then pour a spoonful on top of the ham.
- Next, add some chopped green onions.
- Crack an egg on top and then sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Finally, add 2-3 (or more if you want) small slices of ham. Make sure to place it on the sides of the egg.
- Repeat the process to fill in all 6 muffin cups. Divide the ingredients evenly to all six.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes depending on how much the eggs you want to be cooked.
- Remove from the oven and then let it cool for a 2-3 minutes before taking a bite.