Baked, Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Rice and Chickpeas
When you’re looking for something positively delicious to throw together for dinner you can’t go past these Baked, Stuffed Sweet Potatoes With Rice and Chickpeas. They’re vegetarian, but sure to satisfy any meat-eater thanks to the hearty flavours of sweet potato and roasted chickpeas!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 400 grams Chickpeas or one can
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup White Rice cooked
- 2 tbsp Chives snipped into small pieces
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Preheat oven to about 200 degrees and wrap the two sweet potato in aluminium foil. Put on a tray in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until tender all the way through.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking mix together the chickpeas, olive oil, paprika and curry powder, along with a pinch of salt or pepper to taste, in a bowl. Spread the mixture across a tray lined with baking paper and roast for about 15 minutes.
- Once baked toss the roasted chickpeas through the rice, taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven once they are baked, and cut in half lengthways. Take out about 2-3 tablespoons of the sweet potato to create a space for the stuffing. Mix the sweet potato you've removed with half of the rice and chickpea mixture, and replace into the vegetable. Top with the rest of the rice and chickpea mixture, and garnish with chives.