Beer Cheese Dip
Gooey, hot and delicious, Beer Cheese Dip is the ultimate footy grand final food, or the perfect dip to serve when having a nice cold beer on a hot day! It is perfect served with slices of garlic bread (topped with grated cheese and melted under a griller) or with pretzels or if you are being healthy (which this dip is not!) – carrot sticks, celery or even broccoli florets. It is best made just before serving!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan until the butter is bubbling.
- Stir in the cornflour (whilst still over heat) and whisk well (this forms a 'roux' which is the basis of a cheese sauce).
- Take the saucepan off the heat.
- Add half the milk and whisk until smooth. Once the sauce is smooth, pour in the remaining milk. Again whisk until smooth.
- Pour in the beer, mustard powder, salt and chili. Place the sauce back on low heat until it starts to bubble.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Again remove from the heat. Add the grated cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Serve immediately.