Brown Sugar Shortbread is a more caramelly if that is a word. Beware though the sugar is a MUST to make this correctly 🙂
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Grease a 18 cm flan tin.
- Sift the flour and mixed spice and ground rice into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the brown sugar and orange rind with a wooden spoon.
- Add the butter and mix into the dry ingredients with a clean hand, using a squeeze and knead action, the mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Press the dough into a spring form pan smoothing the surface.
- Invert the dough onto the baking tray.
- Using a knife,lightly mark into eight wedge shapes
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Leave to cool completely on the baking tray, on a wire rack.
- Cut into wedges to serve.