Want to make enough Savoury Muffins to last two school kids a whole month for less than 17c per muffin? Try our Bulk Savoury Muffin Recipe – bulked up with fresh vegetables, it is healthy, freezable and will fill empty…
Want to make enough Savoury Muffins to last two school kids a whole month for less than 17c per muffin?
This recipe makes 60 muffins.
Great for breakfast on the run, too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Zucchini, Grated (skin on)
- 2 Potatoes peeled and grated
- 2 Brown Onions grated
- 3 Carrots grated
- 1 1/2 cups Ham Or Bacon Pieces
- 1 cup Cheese (cheddar) (grated)
- 3 Egg
- 3 1/2 cups Milk
- 3 cups Self Raising Flour
- 2 cups Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Muffin cases are perfect for this recipe as it does have a tendency to 'stick' (and makes them more portable).
- Sift the flours and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre. In a separate bowl combine the egg and milk and combine well.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour the liquid in slowly, using a whisk to bring the batter mixture together without over working the mixture.
- Add the grated vegetables and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Mixture should be sticky.
- Spoon into the muffin cases so they are 3/4 full and top with a pinch of cheese on each muffin.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living