Want to make enough Savoury Muffins to last two school kids a whole month for less than 17c per muffin?
This recipe makes 60 muffins and works out to be 17c each.
Great for breakfast on the run, too!
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Zucchini's (grated)
- 2 medium Potatoes, Peeled And Grated
- 2 medium Brown Onions, Grated
- 3 medium Carrots, Peeled And Grated
- 1 1/2 cups Ham Or Bacon Pieces
- 1 cup Cheese (cheddar) (grated)
- 3 medium sized Eggs
- 3 1/2 cups Milk
- 3 cups Self Raising Flour
- 2 cups Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Bulk Savoury Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Muffin cases are perfect for this recipe as it does have a tendency to 'stick' (and makes them more portable).
- Sift the flours and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre. In a separate bowl combine the egg and milk and combine well.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour the liquid in slowly, using a whisk to bring the batter mixture together without over working the mixture.
- Add the grated vegetables and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Mixture should be sticky.
- Spoon into the muffin cases so they are 3/4 full and top with a pinch of cheese on each muffin.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living