Candied Popcorn is a yummy snack all year round and makes for a terrific food gift for someone that has everything! To make it even more special add some nuts such as cashews or macadamias. Nom nom nom!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3/4 cup Sugar, Raw
- 125 grams Butter
- 1/3 cup Popping Corn Kernel
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the popping corn and cover tightly.
- Shake the pan occassionally so the kernels don't burn. Kernels should start popping after two to three minutes - when they are finished popping - transfer to a large bowl (careful they don't burn!!).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In the same saucepan (wipe residue oil out gently and carefully) mix together the honey, sugar and butter for five minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to the boil then simmer without stirring for approximately 6 minutes or until the syrup is caramelised and coloured.
- Stir the corn into the syrup and coat well. Then spread the mixture onto the prepared baking tray and cool for 1/2 hour or until set.
- Break into bite size pieces and serve.