Caprese Chicken Skewers with Pesto Sauce
Caprese Chicken Skewers with Pesto Sauce are a delicious meal that you can throw together and cook on the barbecue on a nice warm evening with a few cold beers. Of course you don’t have to make the Pesto Sauce if you don’t want to – but it does make a simple mean into a sensational one!
You can get Bocconcini Balls in the cheese or deli section of your local supermarket.
Make sure you buy them close to when you eat them because they do go off rather quickly!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
- 2 large Chicken Breasts, Cut Into 2cm Cubes
- 250 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tub Bocconcini Balls
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
Pesto Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 large bunch Fresh Basil
- 100 grams Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to To Make The Caprese Chicken Skewers with Pesto Sauce:
- Soak 12-14 bamboo skewers in water to prevent them from burning.
- Thread a piece of chicken onto the skewer and then tomato and repeat until you have three of each alternating ingredient. Repeat with the rest of the skewers.
- Brush them with olive oil, grind over pepper and salt and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
- Preheat a grill pan or BBQ over medium-high heat. Grill skewers for about 3 minutes on each side or until they have a little char around the edges and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill, add cheese ball to each end and drizzle over pesto sauce.
How to Make The Pesto Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a small food processor and blitz to combine. If the pesto looks a little thick add more olive oil and blitz again until you get the desired consistency.
- These are super fun when served on mini skewers too. I think kids and adults alike love picking up a skewer that just has a few bites on it.
- You should get about 24 mini kebabs for this recipe.