Caramelised Onion Pinwheels
Caramelised Onion Pinwheels are so easy to do and taste sensational.
They are best made just before eating (puff pastry is delicious but if you want it browned and puffy and perfectly crisp, make it fresh!). These are great for school lunches, or a morning tea. They will be wolfed down by everyone!
You can pre-purchase caramelised onions from the chutney section of your local supermarket – but they are really easy to make at home. Here is an easy recipe for you!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Puff Pastry (sheet)
- 2 tbsp Onion (caramelised)
- 2 tbsp Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Caramelised Onion Pinwheels:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spread caramelised onion evenly over pastry. Spread the diced stuffing and tomato evenly over caramelised onion. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut pastry in half, it makes it easier to roll.
- Start from the shortest side and roll as tight as possible. Place in freezer for 5 minutes. Remove and cut into 2cm scrolls.
- Place on lined baking tray and bake for 10-13 minutes until golden brown.