Cheeseless Vegetarian Quiche
Quiche is a popular part of the French cuisine but have been widely adapted by other countries and has evolved into different recipes, like this one.
Cheeseless Vegetarian Quiche is a lovely dish to take to a party or have on your own table for a light lunch or dinner. This quiche is not only a deliciously savoury dish but also healthy and ideal for those who couldn’t (and shouldn’t) eat meat and cheese. A little fiddly but well worth it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Pie Crust (store-bought or make your own)
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Red Capsicum diced
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1 Crown Of Broccoli broken into florets, cutting the large ones
- 1 Zucchini finely chopped or grated
- 2 cups Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- Salt And Pepper to taste
- Pre-bake your crust in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees (optional).
- Put a pot of water on to boil for blanching the broccoli.
- Prepare a bowl of iced water to stop the cooking when the broccoli is done. When the water comes to a boil, add the broccoli, blanch until the broccoli is bright green - about 3 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli from the boiling water and plunge in the ice water to stop the cooking. Remove from the iced water and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Sauté diced onion, dried red pepper, salt and pepper until the onion is translucent, then add garlic and sauté until fragrant - about 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, sauté until it begins to soften (about 3-4 minutes) then add mushrooms.
- Sauté until the mushrooms give up their liquid and it is mostly cooked off. Remove the vegetables from the heat.
- Combine the eggs and milk and set aside.
- Layer the vegetables into the pie crust, filling the crust evenly.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the vegetable filled pie crust.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Check the quiche regularly. The quiche will be done when the egg mixture is set and no longer shakes when you jiggle the quiche.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.