Fritters have got to be one of our all time favourite foods, particularly when they’re these Cheesy Potato and Zucchini Fritters.
Perfect for dinner paired with almost anything, or for lunch the next day, they’re a little miracle food. This particularly recipe is great for both kids and adults because they’re flavourful without being overwhelming, and comforting to the max.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 medium Potatoes washed, with skin
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 cup Zucchini grated, packed tightly
- 1 cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 cups Cheddar Cheese (grated)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Grate your potatoes (with the skin on) and then squeeze out the excess starch over a bowl or in the sink.
- In a large bowl, place the potatoes along with the diced onion, grated zucchini, flour, baking powder and garlic powder. If you want to introduce other spices, you could also add paprika.
- Mix these ingredients well. In another bowl or jug whisk the egg into the milk. Pour this over the dry mixture and stir to combine. Add the shredded cheese.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Place spoonfuls of the fritter mixture into the hot oil, and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until they’re nice and golden. Repeat until all the mixture is gone.
- If you’re planning to eat the fritters all at once, you might want to keep the ones you’ve cooked in the oven to stay warm.