Chicken Casserole with Cheesy Damper Top is a creamy, delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy! Good all year round, serve with steamed vegetables in winter and a fresh salad and crusty bread in the hotter months.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 40 grams Butter
- 3 Chicken Breast Fillets cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Bacon 250 grams, diced
- 1 Can Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1 Sour Cream 300 ml
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Cheese (tasty) grated
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat the butter in a frypan and lightly brown chicken pieces.
- Add chopped onion and diced bacon to pan and cook together for 2 - 3 minutes or until fragrant and the onion is softened.
- Pour in the can of Cream of Chicken Soup and add the sour cream.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a pie dish and set aside.
- To make the delicious damper top, sift the flour into bowl.
- Add eggs, 1 1/2 cups of cheese and milk.
- Mix until just blended.
- Top the casserole with the batter and bake uncovered for 30 mins.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake a further 5 mins.