Chicken Corn and Noodle Soup
Chicken Corn and Noodle Soup. This is a thick, hearty soup that is a mixture between chicken noodle soup and creamy corn chowder! This one is also good for when you aren’t feeling too well. The chicken stock and garlic are proven to really help you feel better when you are feeling down!
Add a bit of spice like curry powder or a huge hit of garlic if your cold or flu is really bad! If you are looking for more great recipes to help you when you are feeling under the weather, check out our article on The 10 Foods You Should Eat When You’re Sick.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Chicken Breast (half)
- Rashes of Bacon
- Angel hair pasta
- 30 grams Butter
- 1 Onion chopped
- 10 grams Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Celery (chopped Finely)
- 4 medium Potatoes peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 cup Corn (frozen Is Fine)
- 4 cups Stock (chicken)
- 1 Chicken Breast (half)
- 2 Rashes Of Bacon rind removed and chopped
- 50 grams Angel Hair Pasta broken into 5cm pieces
- 1/2 cup Milk
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion for 3 to 4 minutes until it has softened.
- Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles.
- Add the celery and potato.
- Combine corn, 1 cup of stock and milk in a large jug.
- Slowly add the corn mixture to the pan, stirring constantly to prevent lumps forming. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened and potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon pieces and then set aside.
- Cook the chicken breast and then once cooked slightly use 2 forks to shred up the meat, then set aside.
- Once the soup mixture is thick and the potato is tender, transfer to a food processor and process until combined.
- Put the soup mixture back into the pot on high heat, add the pasta, remaining chicken stock and chicken and stir until combined. Cook for 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Chicken Soup
- Chicken Soup