Chicken Mince Puff Pastry Bites
These are delicious little morsels that are easy to throw together and will be gobbled up on Christmas Day! They are best made fresh on the day they are to be served, however you can make them up and freeze them before you cook them.
Chicken Mince can be substituted for Turkey Mince if you want them a bit healthier.
For a bit of ‘BITE’, add a bit of chili powder or for something a bit milder, a few teaspoons of curry powder!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Puff Pastry
- Sweet potato, peeled
- Italian Herbs
- Preheat the oven to a hot 190 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Peel the medium sized sweet potato and grate. Squeeze out any juice.
- Add the chicken mince, egg, grated sweet potato, herbs and salt to the bowl and mix well.
- Ensure the two puff pastry sheets are defrosted.
- Divide the mixture into two and using your hands, place the mince on the edge of the puff pastry from one side to the other.
- Loosely roll up the puff pastry with the mince mixture in the middle.
- Baste with a little milk on top and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Cut the pastry rolls into 2cm rounds, and place each round mince side up on the baking tray.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the mince is cooked and the puff pastry is golden.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Follow the above instructions until the baking.
- Place the raw rounds on the baking tray and freeze until solid.
- Then scoop them up and place in a zip lock bag until required.