Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
Health coach and allergy-friendly cook Sharon Selby shares these delicious treats to ensure kids are getting enough calcium on a dairy-free diet.
These nutritious cookies (also known as calcium cookies) are naturally sweet and chewy. Thanks to the chickpeas and tahini they are packed with vital bone-healthy minerals including calcium, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium – all needed for strong growing bones.
Sharon Selby from Beat the Treats
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Chickpeas (rinsed and drained well)
- Hulled Tahini (can be substituted with nut or seed butter)
- Vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pop the drained chickpeas, tahini, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or sultanas.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the dough and drop onto the baking trays evenly spaced out.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and lightly browned.
- Allow to cool so they set.