We love cakes that look like we’ve put a tonne of work into them, but aren’t really that hard, like this Chocolate Custard Magic Cake.
The cake just has one batter, but what you end up with is three distinct layers with lots of gorgeous texture and chocolate flavours! We prefer our Chocolate Custard Magic Cake chilled, and topped with our delicious condensed milk balls!
Also, be prepared for a liquid-y batter. This one looks very wet, and doesn’t seem like it will set, but have faith! It all comes good in the oven.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 Egg
- 1 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.33 cups Sugar granulated
- 1/2 cup Butter melted but cool
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour, Sifted
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups Milk lukewarm
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and prepare a 20cmx20xm baking tray by lining it with baking paper.
- Seperate the egg white from the yolks, setting aside the yolks. Beat the egg whiles until they are stiff, and put aside.
- Whisk up the yolks along with the sugar and vanilla extract until nice and creamy. Then add the cooled melted butter and mix until just combined.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder to the mix, stirring until well incorporated.
- Slowly pour the milk in while still whisking. Add the egg whites in slowly, about one-quarter of the mixture at a time. Gently stir this, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour this batter (will be runny) into the baking pan and cook for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven (will still be wobbly in the middle_ and cool for about 45 minutes. Then remove from pan and allow to reach room temperature before chilling for minimum one hour.
- Slice into pieces, and dust with cocoa powder (you can use icing sugar too if you prefer). We also topped ours with condensed milk balls, just because!
- Keep in fridge until finished, do not freeze.