Want an upgrade to your usual Hot Cross Buns? Hot Salted Caramel Chocolate Easter Cob Loaf with Hot Cross Bun Dippers will make your Easter sweeter and better!
This recipe can serve up to 15 people so you can celebrate Easter with your family and friends – the kids are going to love it! Enjoy this gooey, chocolatey and decadent Hot Salted Caramel Chocolate Easter Cob Loaf with Hot Cross Bun Dippers. Give it a try and you’ll be amazed.
We just made one right now and it’s incredibly delightful! I’m out of words!!!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Chocolate Brownie Cob Loaf
- 3 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 100 grams Chocolate Melts
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 100 grams White Chocolate Melts
- 1 Cup Milk
Hot Salted Caramel Filling
- 2 Cups Caster Sugar
- 100 grams White Chocolate
- 3/4 Cup Of Butter
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 tsp Flaky Salt
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
Chocolate Brownie Cob Loaf:
You can make this Chocolate Brownie Cob Loaf the night before. It is easier to 'scoop out the middle' if it is cold.
- Sift the self-raising flour, caster sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
- Add the butter and use your fingertips to 'rub together' the mix until the mixture comes together like breadcrumbs.
- Add the chocolate melts and golden syrup.
- Fold in the milk and knead lightly until it comes together.
- Line a large cake tin with aluminium foil. Place the Cob Loaf into the cake tin, heaping it up in the centre to give it the 'cob loaf' shape.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the outside has formed a hard crust.
- Allow cooling in the pan.
Hot Salted Caramel Filling:
- Add the caster sugar to the bottom of a saucepan, spreading it evenly over the bottom.
- Heat over high, and whisk the sugar as it starts to melt.
- Once all the sugar has melted, allow the mixture to continue cooking until it deepens to a golden colour.
- Add the butter to the mixture (being careful as it may spit) and whisk it together until the butter and sugar have come together. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Very slowly pour in the cream whilst whisking at the same time. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the flaky salt and again beat well.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
Putting the Dessert Cob Loaf Together:
- Cut a circle into the top of the cob loaf, and remove as much as the filling as you can.
- Cut up mini Hot Cross Buns, toast and set aside (use these as dippers)
- Pour the hot caramel sauce into the cob loaf.
- Decorate with honeycomb, raspberries and grated chocolate.
- Serve hot.