Christmas Rum Cake is so easy to make and definitely delicious! Give it a try this Christmas!
Christmas is such a beautiful holiday and there are lots of desserts that you can make that are perfect for it! Just look at this Christmas Rum Cake – isn’t this beautiful?
Your heart will explode with happiness when you eat this because this is just so good! This is too yummy to be ignored!
This is easy to make and can serve up to 8 people.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
For the Cake:
- 1 Box (about 400gm) Golden Butter Cake Mix
- 1 Package (about 100gm) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Rum (dark or light is fine)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Rum
- 110 grams Butter
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Glace Cherries
- 1 packet Blackberries
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter into a greased bundt tin. Smooth out until the top is even. Bake for 45 - 1 hour, then check if the cake is cooked when a skewer comes out clean.
- While the cake has ten minutes to go, make the glaze.
Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn off flame and pour in the rum. Stir to combine and reheat for 30 seconds.
- Remove cake from the oven. Immediately drizzle 1/3 of the glaze on the bottom (top) of the cake. Allow to sit for five minutes. Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Gently prick the cake surface all over with a skewer. Slowly drizzle remaining rum glaze all over the top of the cake, allowing it to soak in and drip down the sides. Cool to room temperature before serving to ensure glaze has soaked in.
- Scatter over the extra walnuts and glasè cherries and fresh blackberries.
- Eat. Enjoy. And don’t feel guilty. It’s Christmas time!