Christmas Rum Cake is so easy to make and definitely delicious! Give it a try this Christmas!
Christmas is such a beautiful holiday because apart from the weather is colder, there are lots of desserts that you can make that are just perfect for it! Just look at this Christmas Rum Cake – isn’t this beautiful?
This looks like a volcano and mind you, your heart will explode with happiness when you eat this because this is just so good! You shouldn’t miss this recipe, I’m telling you. This is too yummy to be ignored!
This is easy to make and can serve up to 12 people.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan. If desired, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar over the nuts.
- Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter into pan over nuts. Smooth out until the top is even. Bake for 1 hour, then check if the cake is cooked when a skewer comes out clean. Do not overbake!
- While cake has ten minutes to go, make the glaze.
Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn off flame and pour in rum. Stir to combine and reheat for 30 seconds.
- Remove cake from oven. Immediately drizzle 1/3 of the glaze on the bottom (top) of the cake. Allow to sit for five minutes. Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Gently prick the cake surface all over with a fork. Slowly drizzle remaining rum glaze all over the top of the cake, allowing it to soak in and drip down the sides. Cool to room temperature before serving to ensure glaze has soaked in.
- Eat. Enjoy. And don’t feel guilty. It’s Christmas time!