If you think normal damper is worth celebrating, just wait until you try this Classic Beer Damper. The traditional bread is made even better with the addition of your favourite brew, along with some very tasty cheese and onion extras. Perfect for a backyard camping trip, or just because you’ve got a warm bread craving.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and prepare an oven tray by lightly greasing it.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Add in the parmesan, chives, spring onions and caster sugar.
- In the centre of your bowl create a well. Pour in the beer, and using a butter knife mix it quickly to create a soft and sticky dough. Be cautious not to over mix.
- Turn your dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it lightly. You can either split this dough into a few smaller dampers, or make a large one. Form your dough into one or more rounds and place on your greased oven tray.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the damper sounds hollow when you tap it. Cool for a minimum of 10 minutes before slicing, then serve warm with lots of butter!