Comforting Chicken Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy is on top of my list of comfort foods. There’s something cosy and satisfying about easy meatballs and rich flavoured mushroom gravy sauce. Yuuum!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Chicken Mince
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.125 tsp Pepper
- 200 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- All all meatball ingredients except for mushrooms and butter into a small bowl
- Work together with hands until combined but don't overwork or your meatballs will get tough
- In large skillet over medium high heat melt butter
- Carefully add meatballs and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned
- Transfer to slow cooker and add mushrooms
- Whisk together broth and cornstarch
- Pour over meatballs
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 until meatballs are fully cooked through
- Remove meatballs and stir in cream and cheese (adding more of either to taste if desired)
- Return meatballs to gravy in crock and let simmer another 30 minutes on high for gravy to thicken slightly
- Garnish with fresh thyme and parsley if desired