This Easy Condensed Milk Cake made me fall in love with condensed milk even more.
My Condensed Milk Cake is unbelievably buttery, moist and dense. It is sweet enough to satisfy your cravings and the texture is to die for – that is, if you bake it just right!
So this Condensed Milk Cake is quite dense and doesn’t rise a great deal – however, it is tremendously rich and you will only need a teeny tiny slice (with some mock cream or a great big slab of cream cheese frosting) to satisfy a sweet tooth. If you are wanting a larger style cake – double the recipe. The greatest thing about this recipe is that you don’t need to separate the wet and dry ingredients, you literally throw in all the ingredients, mix, and bake.
This cake can be golden brown and perfect to burnt very very quickly, so keep a close eye on it!
Now this version isn’t egg-free, but for a good egg-free version we recommend this recipe.
How to Serve Condensed Milk Cake:
Condensed Milk Cake is delicious with a sprinkling of icing sugar and some fresh strawberries. Because the cake is so rich and sweet, it only needs a simple topping. Many people like to do a simple Lemon Drizzle too which is just a combination of sifted icing sugar with fresh lemon juice.
You Can Freeze Condensed Milk Cake
This is also the perfect cake to freeze. To freeze Condensed Milk Cake, allow the cake to totally cool to room temperature, double wrap the cake in plastic wrap – and place in the freezer for up to two months. To defrost, just sit the cake on the bench for an hour before icing and serving. You can also heat up a slice in the microwave for ten seconds if you want to serve it warm.
More Reading: Coffee and Condensed Milk Ice Cream
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 400 grams Condensed Milk sweetened
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 50 grams Butter melted, (plus 1 tablespoon for greasing)
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar sprinkling on top after cake has cooked
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Condensed Milk Cake
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (or 155 degrees if you have a fan-forced oven).
- Grease an 18 cm spring form cake pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix all the ingredients with an electric mixer for four to five minutes until the batter is smooth then pour into the cake pan.
- Bake the Condensed Milk Cake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wired rack.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh fruit.