Today we’re going to teach you how cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker.
If you’re really busy during the day but want a roast chicken for dinner, then here’s how to cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker! The chicken cooks/steams in its own juices and is tender, moist and delicious.
We bought an extra-large chicken for this recipe on how to cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker.
Cook the whole chook now, and have enough for left-overs tomorrow night.
You can add it to the Slow Cooker Baked Potato recipe even!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Chicken any size that cat fit your slowcooker
- Make sure your chicken is thoroughly defrosted.
- Use a paper towel to pat the chicken dry.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and smother the top of the chicken with the butter, garlic and any herbs you might want to try.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 5 - 7 hours on LOW.
- Any longer and your chicken may fall apart.
- If you want your chicken skin to brown. Cook the chicken as per the above instructions. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Pop the crockery insert into the oven (making sure the top of the crockery is not too close to the element) and brown for 10 minutes. (Check with your manufacturer that the crockery is suitable for the oven.)