Cream of Pumpkin Soup
There’s nothing like a hearty Cream of Pumpkin Soup to warm you up on a cold night! I love it with crusty hot bread! It makes for a great meal in itself and it freezes really well!
For the price estimates here we’ve used a large national supermarket, but it’s possible (and highly encouraged) for you to look around at your local farmers market, local butcher or at discount grocers. You’re likely to find many of these ingredients even cheaper there!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 1 750 Gram Pumpkin peeled and de-seeded (I use Jap -but you can use anything) - $2.00
- 1 Onion chopped - $0.55
- 2 tsp Sugar $0.04
- 1 tbsp Parsley fresh -$0.30
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream $0.10
- 1 tsp Salt $0.08
- 100 grams Croutons
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Cream of Pumpkin Soup:
- Cut the pumpkin into pieces.
- Place in a saucepan with the onion and salt. Pour in just enough water to cover and cook gently with the lid on until pumpkin is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into a blender (or use a blender stick) to puree together with the milk.
- Return to the saucepan, add the sugar and the nutmeg. Cover and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, sprinkled with ground nutmeg, parsley and croutons.