Kids bored with peanut butter and jam sandwiches? I’m seriously so bored of making them! Here is a fresh idea to add to the lunch box rotation thanks to our friends at Tablelands Smart Spreads.
Keep the kids happy by filling their lunchboxes with these tasty and simple creamed corn and ham toasted wraps. The quantity below will make four wraps. You can wrap them in clingwrap to add to the lunchbox for that day and save the leftovers for yourself. Or, add a couple to hubby’s lunch in the morning and win the Wife of the Year award. Add some veggie sticks on the side and you’re done!
Healthy Kids Lunch Ideas
Get more recipe ideas by checking out Tablelands Spread Lunch and Snacks Ideas. Or, for even more awesome healthy kids recipes you can get the Tablelands SmartSpread booklet delivered to your door for FREE at www.tablelandspreads.com.au
- 4 Wholemeal Wraps
- 420 grams Canned Cream Corn
- 120 grams Sliced Leg Ham
- 4 Slices Cheese
- 2 tsp Tablelands Smart Spread
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
1. Heat a sandwich press.
2. Lay the wrap on a clean bench, place corn, cheese and ham in the middle of the wrap.
3. Fold the sides of the wrap over the filling, and then fold the two ends up to meet the middle. You will have a square.
4. Spread Tablelands Smart Spread over the wrap.
5. Place into the sandwich press and toast until golden.
Recipe Hints and Tips
- If you don't have a sandwich press you can pop these into the oven under a grill for five minutes to give them a toasty warm feel, or simply serve them cold
- You can also swap the sliced cheese for grated cheese or even cream cheese if you want.
- While any spread will work, we tend to recommend using Aussie made and owned Tablelands Smart Spread because it's 33% cheaper than the market leading brands but is also free from added gluten, eggs, yeast, nuts or added milk products.
For more fun and healthy kid's lunch box ideas, be sure to visit: http://www.tablelandsspreads.com.au/catalogue/lunch-snacks-ideas/