Is there any vegetable more versatile than the humble potato?
Potatoes. Cheap, easy and filling. They are the ultimate in frugal foods and are a staple both here in Australia and worldwide. This recipe for delicious French Style Creamy Baby Potatoes matches the delicious baby potato with cream, garlic and onion – all the flavours infuse to give you the ultimate in side dishes that pare well with roast meats, as a big dish at a shindig or just on the side of a vegetarian dish.
The best thing about this dish – you can eat it both hot or cold. Hot as a side dish – and cold as a potato salad – perfect for a picnic!
French Style Creamy Baby Pototes serves 8 people as a side dish.
You can pick up baby potatoes in your local supermarket – they are usually in a bag and you can buy them by the kilogram.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 kg Baby Potatoes
- 2 cups Cream
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, Diced
- 1 small Carrot, Finely Grated
- 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled And Crushed
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley, Roughly Chopped
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Creamy Baby Potatoes:
- Par-cook potatoes in salted boiling water for 10 minutes, drain well
- In a large frypan, add olive oil, onion, and salt and pepper sauté until soft
- Add carrots and sauté for a minute
- Add garlic sauté until fragrant
- Pour in the cream and mix together, simmer for 2 min
- Add the potatoes and parsley and simmer until cream thickens
- Place in a serving bowl and scatter over some more parsley
- You can eat this potato dish hot or cold.