Is there any vegetable more versatile than the humble potato? Potatoes. Cheap, easy and filling. They are the ultimate in frugal foods and are a staple both here in Australia and worldwide. This recipe for delicious French Style Creamy Baby…
Is there any vegetable more versatile than the humble potato?
Potatoes. Cheap, easy and filling. They are the ultimate in frugal foods and are a staple both here in Australia and worldwide. This recipe for delicious French Style Creamy Baby Potatoes matches the delicious baby potato with cream, garlic and onion – all the flavours infuse to give you the ultimate in side dishes that pare well with roast meats, as a big dish at a shindig or just on the side of a vegetarian dish.
The best thing about this dish – you can eat it both hot or cold. Hot as a side dish – and cold as a potato salad – perfect for a picnic!
French Style Creamy Baby Pototes serves 8 people as a side dish.
You can pick up baby potatoes in your local supermarket – they are usually in a bag and you can buy them by the kilogram.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 kg Baby Potatoes
- 2 cups Cream
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, Diced
- 1 small Carrot, Finely Grated
- 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled And Crushed
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley, Roughly Chopped
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Creamy Baby Potatoes:
- Par-cook potatoes in salted boiling water for 10 minutes, drain well
- In a large frypan, add olive oil, onion, and salt and pepper sauté until soft
- Add carrots and sauté for a minute
- Add garlic sauté until fragrant
- Pour in the cream and mix together, simmer for 2 min
- Add the potatoes and parsley and simmer until cream thickens
- Place in a serving bowl and scatter over some more parsley
- You can eat this potato dish hot or cold.