If your kids are nugget-fanatics like ours, these Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets are a life saver. No more vats of oil, and no more guilt over fast food, these nuggets taste way better than their convenience counterparts and are surprisingly easy to put together. Serve with your favourite dipping sauces, and the nuggets fresh from the oven.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Chicken Breast boneless and skinless
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper to taste
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celcius and prep a baking tray by spraying it with oil or lining with baking paper.
- Make sure your chicken is reasonably dry and cut into bite size chunks. If you feel like it, you can use your rolling pin to beat the chicken to an even thickness, but this isn't required.
- Prepare three bowls that are shallow but have a lip on them, such as soup bowls. In the first add the flour and the spices. In the second add the eggs and beat well. In the third add the breadcrumbs and the parmesan and mix to combine.
- Being by dredging your chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then dip into the beaten egg, again shaking off the excess, and finish by coating with the breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the chicken pieces, throwing away any leftover flour and breadcrumbs.
- Spread the chicken nuggets out on a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes, turning halfway.