Let’s be honest here, french toast is already pretty good, but these Crispy Cinnamon French Toast Sticks are definitely way better. They involve all the goodness of french toast, compressed into crispy, easy-to-eat, sticks of glory.
Topped with whipped cream, maple syrup and berries, this is hardly breakfast, but we’re sticking with it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 8 Thick-cut Bread one or two days stale is great
- 4 Egg
- 2 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 0.6 cup Milk
- 0.3 cup Thickened Cream
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Unsalted Butter for cooking
Toppings To Serve
- 0.3 cup Maple Syrup to serve
- 1 1/2 cups Mixed Berries or more, to serve
- Cut each piece of bread into four sticks. Put aside.
- In a wide tray, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Dip each piece of bread into this mixture, coating on all sides and allowing to soak a little.
- Shake off the excess liquid and put each piece of bread on a large plate or baking dish, repeating until all are coated.
- Heat a large non-stick pan on a medium heat and add 2-3 tbs of unsalted butter. Once this has melted, place some of the sticks in a single layer on the pan, being careful not to overcrowd.
- Cook the sticks until they are golden brown on one side, then flip and continue to cook until colour is even and the sticks are crispy.
- Serve with berries and maple syrup while warm.