Crispy Smashed Potatoes
If you’re a potato lover, these Crispy Smashed Potatoes are going to rock your world. They’re the ultimate blend of crispy roast potatoes and rich boiled potatoes, heavenly soft on the inside and wonderfully crispy on the outside. Basically, they’re the spud version of heaven!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 10 Potatoes about 100g each, medium sized
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 bunch Fresh Thyme use to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- 1/2 cup Cheddar finely grated
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees (or 200 if fan forced).
- On the stove, bring a very large pot of generously salted water to boil. Add potatoes in whole, ensuring they are clean first.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until cooked and soft. Avoid poking holes in the potatoes, as this makes them less crispy later.
- Drain potatoes well and make sure they are really dry, as this increases their crispiness. If you want you can add the potatoes back into the empty pot and leave it on a medium heat to fully dry any water on the surface.
- Once the potatoes are dry prep a baking tray by lining it with your preferred cooking paper. Spread the potatoes out evenly.Using a fork or large spoon,gently crush the potatoes. It's fine if they split unevenly, as this will make them nice and crispy.
- Evenly cover the potatoes with olive oil, and spread the butter in the middle of each potato in drops. Then season well with both salt and pepper (to taste). Add half of the parmesan, and then the fresh thyme.
- Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and crisp. After removing the potatoes from the oven, immediately sprinkle with the remainder of the cheese.