Apple Charlotte is Perhaps One of the Oldest and Yummiest Recipes Around
My Mum made this Easy Apple Charlotte all the time for dessert. She would serve it hot from the oven with lashings of freshly made custard and home made condensed milk vanilla ice cream. So to me this is more of a pudding than a cake, but you can allow it to cool and slice it into slabs and serve with butter.
This is a great way to use up manky looking apples that are in the fruit bowl that are starting to bruise up. Just peel, chop them (bruised part and all) and microwave them with a little bit of water for about 8-10 minutes to soften them up – then they are good to go! If they don’t taste sweet enough (if you are using say Granny Smith apples that are a bit tart), then add a little brown sugar if you wish.
I use the cheap home brand cake mixes for Apple Charlotte – they are usually under $1 and you can use either vanilla or butter flavour – it doesn’t really matter. If you aren’t keen on using a supermarket cake mix – I highly recommend you use the recipe for Sand Cake. It is like a cross between a butter cake and a sponge – and the recipe is just as old as this one!
If you have a tin of pie apples in the pantry – you always have a dessert on hand!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Tin of pie apples
- 1 Vanilla Or Butter Plain Cake Mix
- 1 medium Tin Of Pie Apples
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/5 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Butter
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Apple Charlotte:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a large ramekin or cake tin well or line with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the apple pieces with the brown sugar and rolled oats.
- Melt the butter and pour over the apple mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spread the apple mixture over the bottom of the cake tin.
- Make up the packet cake according to the instructions.
- Pour the mixture gently over the top of the apple mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the cake is cooked through.
- Serve warm with custard and ice cream.
- apple charlotte
- apple charlotte