Eligh’s Caramelised Banana Bread
This is my son’s favourite Banana Bread recipe because it’s dark and moist. He tells me it looks like the ones at a cafe only tastes better! Yes, you will cook it for 2 hours at 130 degrees. Yes, you will need to line the tin with foil and no it won’t stick and yes, your taste buds will thank you for the wait.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Bicarb Soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 medium Banana over-ripe
- 3 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 1 cup Sugar raw
- 1 small Pinch Of Salt
- 2 Eggs lighly beaten
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Flour (Plain)
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Line loaf tin with foil.
- Preheat oven to 130 degrees.
- Mash bananas in mixing bowl, add bicarb soda, sugar and salt. Mix together.
- Mix in eggs, then in order mix in oil, then flour, then buttermilk.
- Pour batter into loaf tin and bake for 2 hours or until skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with cinnamon and honey butter. This is also great for lunch boxes.