Eligh’s Caramelised Banana Bread
This is my son’s favourite Banana Bread recipe because it’s dark and moist. He tells me it looks like the ones at a cafe only tastes better! Yes, you will cook it for 2 hours at 130 degrees. Yes, you will need to line the tin with foil and no it won’t stick and yes, your taste buds will thank you for the wait.
Line loaf tin with foil.
Preheat oven to 130 degrees.
Mash bananas in mixing bowl, add bicarb soda, sugar and salt. Mix together.
Mix in eggs, then in order mix in oil, then flour, then buttermilk.
Pour batter into loaf tin and bake for 2 hours or until skewer comes out clean.
Serve with cinnamon and honey butter. This is also great for lunch boxes.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Caramelised Banana Bread is suitable for freezing. Freeze in individual slices, buttered and wrapped in cling wrap for school lunches.
- Buttermilk Recipe, 1/2 cup milk and 2 teaspoons white vinegar (or 1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon white vinegar) -let stand for 10 minutes then use.
- Cinnamon and Honey Butter Recipe, 100 grams soften butter, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons honey. Mix altogether until smooth.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Also try our gluten free banana bread recipe