Faster Pasta – a Super Fast Way to Use Up Leftovers!
This meal, which I call ‘Faster Pasta‘ is not only fast (you can make it in under 12 minutes) – but is also incredibly frugal. I can feed this to my family of four for only a few dollars!. Good for making something quick, easy and delicious. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
The basics of the recipe are here, but really, any leftovers you might have in the fridge can be used in this recipe. It is even cheaper still if you want to make your own Pasta!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
TO MAKE THE PASTA IN A PASTA MACHINE:
- Measure out two exact cups of plain flour and add to the machine.
- Add the egg to a measuring cup.
- Pour in enough water over the top of the egg to make 110ml of water/egg mixture.
- Pour the watery egg mixture into the machine.
- Close and press 'Two Cups'.
- Ensure the 'Spaghetti' maker is on the end. Place a plate underneath the catcher to collect the fresh pasta.
- To cook: Add the spaghetti to a large pot of salted water. Cook for five minutes, then drain and serve right away.
TO COOK THE FASTER PASTA MIXTURE:
- Preheat a frypan and add the olive oil, garlic and chopped brown onion. Cook until fragrant and soft.
- Add the finely chopped bacon and capsicum and cook well until caramelised.
- Add the teaspoon of butter to the bacon mix and allow to melt before mixing through the cooked spaghetti.
- Stir well to combine before distributing the meal amongst the four plates.