Fluffy Souffle Pancakes Pancakes would have to be one of my very favourite foods. But these babies are clouds of fluffy pancake that look fancy but are incredibly simple to make. They are so light and fluffy they nearly dissolve…
Fluffy Souffle Pancakes
Pancakes would have to be one of my very favourite foods. But these babies are clouds of fluffy pancake that look fancy but are incredibly simple to make. They are so light and fluffy they nearly dissolve on your palette!
These Fluffy Souffle Pancakes are a Japanese style of pancake – and they look super impressive on the plate!
What makes these pancakes so incredibly light and airy are the beaten egg whites that are folded into the mix. You enjoy them just the same as you would any other pancake recipe (ie with maple syrup or golden syrup, or with lemon juice and sugar, or just a great big slab of butter!).
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Plain Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 30 grams Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp Caster Sugar
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Fluffy Souffle Pancakes:
- In a jug mix together the milk, egg yolks, vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the caster sugar. Whisk together until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- In another bowl, sift the plain flour and baking powder together.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix and pour in the egg mixture. Fold together.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg whites and whisk until they go white. Slowly add the 2 tablespoons of caster sugar. Whisk until the mixture is glossy and peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture through the pancake mixture until just combined.
- Preheat a frypan to medium heat and add a dobb of butter until it bubbles. Add three tablespoons of mixture per pancake - or if you want the souffle pancakes extra high - use some buttered egg rings to cook the pancakes i the pan.
- Cook until bubbling, turn over and cook until golden. Serve immediately.