How to Make Fried Rice at Home
Nothing says takeaway like Fried Rice! This is such versatile dish, you can add just about anything to it, so that it suits your family’s tastes.
Fried rice works as such a great side dish – try it with chicken, beef or even egg! Fried rice is a favourite dish across the world because of its simplicity, yet do packed with flavour. Add extra vegetables to your liking to make it go that extra bit further for lunch the next day or other meals for more volume.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 cup Mixed Frozen Vegetables
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 Bacon Rashers (or Ham)
- 2 cups Rice cooked (use brown rice for a healthier option)
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Spray a frypan lightly with canola oil and fry off the bacon and onion until cooked and starting to crisp.
- Add the vegies (and a few tablespoons of water) .
- Add the lid and let them cook. Cook through so they are still bright in colour.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Push the mixture to one side and add the egg, let it cook for 30 seconds and mix in with the rest of the rice.
- Add the soy sauce to taste and cook a further few minutes to ensure the egg is well cooked.