It was soooo hard to find a recipe for a Frugal Chocolate Mud Cake without chocolate – why, you say?
Because chocolate is expensive!!!
I try very hard to keep the recipes awesomely simple and cheap.
Our Frugal Chocolate Mud Cake is certainly not as heavy as a mud cake – but heavier than a standard chocolate cake!
It’s really reallyyy delicious and satisfying, too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Mix the cocoa with one cup of cold tap water, stir and set aside.
- In another bowl sift the flour with the bicarb - and set this aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well in between.
- Add bit by bit the cocoa mixture and the flour mixture alternatively until all mixed well.
- Pour in a greased round cake tin and bake for 1 hour at 180 degrees.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin. Serve with chocolate icing.