If you are after a Frugal Vegetarian Lasagne then this is the recipe for you. Very easy and cheap to make, the whole family will love it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 bunch Spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 420 grams Crushed Tomatoes
- 250 grams Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Zucchini Sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Brown Onion chopped
- 1 Packet Wholemeal Lasagne Sheets
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 cups Cheese (cheddar) Grated
- 2 cups Skim Milk
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 Nutmeg
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic for three minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, zucchini and simmer for another three minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, spinach and stock - simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Make up the cheese sauce using only 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Layer the lasagne sheets, vegetable sauce and cheese sauce and finish with noodles on top.
- Pour the remaining cheese sauce on top and top with the leftover cheese.
- Drizzle with the cream and bake for 25 minutes at 200 degrees.
To make the cheese sauce:
- Melt the butter until bubbling, add the flour and make a paste.
- Slowly add the milk whisking all the time.
- Gently heat the mixture and add the cheese and cream - remove from the heat when it thickens and add the nutmeg.