Frugal Vegetarian Lasagne
If you are after a Frugal Vegetarian Lasagne then this is the recipe for you.
Very easy and cheap to make, the whole family will love it!
Sometimes we need to go meat free and this Frugal Vegetarian Lasagne recipe is the perfect way to do it. Even though it’s all veggies, it is super tasty and filling. The leftovers (if there are any!) will be perfect to take to work or school the next day!
Looking for another frugal recipe?
Check out these 20 Deliciously Frugal Recipes!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 bunch Spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 420 grams Crushed Tomatoes
- 250 grams Mushrooms Sliced
- 2 Zucchini Sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Brown Onion chopped
- 1 Packet Wholemeal Lasagne Sheets
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 cups Cheese (cheddar) Grated
- 2 cups Skim Milk
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 Nutmeg
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic for three minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, zucchini and simmer for another three minutes.
- Add basil, oregano, spinach and stock - simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Make up the cheese sauce using only 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Layer the lasagne sheets, vegetable sauce and cheese sauce and finish with noodles on top.
- Pour the remaining cheese sauce on top and top with the leftover cheese.
- Drizzle with the cream and bake for 25 minutes at 200 degrees.
To make the cheese sauce:
- Melt the butter until bubbling, add the flour and make a paste.
- Slowly add the milk whisking all the time.
- Gently heat the mixture and add the cheese and cream - remove from the heat when it thickens and add the nutmeg.