Yes, you read that right. Gassy Lasagne has a certain reputation, not only for being delicious, but for making people *ahem* fart.
Legal biological warfare, in a delicious dish!
Yes, as lovely as this Gassy Lasagne recipe is, make sure your windows are open and you don’t have something special planned the next day. My Dad even says that this recipe is even nastier than my Pea and Ham Soup, and seriously, that recipe would clear a whole building.
I’m not sure what it is about my recipe that does this, but it has become a bit of a joke amongst my friends now.
This recipe makes 12 serves and freezes really well.
Make it for your Mother in Law. Make it for your ex. Make it for a friend you don’t really like just before she has a big date.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Tins crushed tomatoes
- Chicken stock cubes
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion diced finely
- 2 Tins Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tomato Soup tin
- 1 tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 Lasagna Sheets packets
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- 500 ml Milk
- 1 kg Beef Mince
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Heat up a large frypan or saucepan and add the olive oil.
- Fry off the onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the mince and brown well.
- Crumble the beef stock cube into the beef and stir well.
- When the meat is browned and cooked through, add the two tins of tomatoes and the tin of soup.
- Turn down to a low simmer and let it reduce and thicken for about 20 minutes.
- Keep the lid on and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whilst the bolognaise sauce is cooling, it's time to make the cheese sauce!
- In a glass microwave jug or similar, add the butter and microwave for about 30 seconds or until bubbling.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Buzz for another 20 - 30 seconds to 'cook out the flour'.
- Using a whisk, slowly add the milk, making sure there are no lumps.
- Crumble the chicken stock cubes into the sauce and add two cups of the grated cheese.
- Microwave in 30 second increments and whisk well in between until the cheese is melted and the sauce is lovely and smooth.
- Now, it's time to put the lasagne together.
- Get out a large baking dish or ceramic lasagne dish.
- Start layering the bolognaise sauce, lasagne sheets (don't overlap them) and then the cheese sauce on top.
- Keep layering until the mixture is all used up - but try and finish on the cheese sauce layer.
- Add the remaining cup of grated cheese and bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180 degrees or until golden and the lasagne sheets are cooked through.
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread.