This Golden Bake recipe is very frugal, very simple, very delicious!
It’s very similar to a Shepherd’s Pie and it’s also one of our favourites here at SAHM. When you get bored with the Shepherd’s pie, try this one out!
time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Mince Beef or pork
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 250 grams Pumpkin (butternut) peeled
- 1 cup Cheese (grated)
- 2 Onion peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Gravy Mix
- 1 Potato (750 Grams) peeled
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Boil together the potato and pumpkin until tender.
- Mash until smooth with one tablespoon of butter.
- Fry the onions with the other tablespoon of butter and add the mince and cook until brown.
- Add the flour and gravy mix and stir through
- Add 1.5 cups of water to make a gravy.
- Place in a greased pie dish and top with the mashed potato and pumpkin.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and bake at 180 degrees until nicely browned.