Golden Syrup Steamed Pudding is my all time favourite dessert.
I’ve been eating this particular recipe since I was young and I hope to pass it on to my boys for them to make for their families one day. Serve it with ice cream or cream!
The only negative about this amazing comfort food is that it really needs to be eaten within 24 hours of making it – or it goes meh…
Don’t be stingy on the Golden Syrup either – I always add two, sometimes three times the amount of syrup. If you aren’t a huge fan of golden syrup (we can’t be friends) – you can have jam instead!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 40 grams Butter
- 2 cups Flour Self-Raising
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Fold sifted ingredients and milk alternatively into creamed mixture.
- Grease large base, add syrup/jam.
- Spoon in mixture, cover. Steam 1.5 hours. Serves 6.