Gourmet Bread and Butter Pudding
I do love the old fashioned version of Bread and Butter Pudding, but it got me thinking, what if we swapped the bread for croissants, and added some chocolate in there. Because chocolate makes everything better. That and wine, but it wouldn’t taste nice IN this dessert, maybe with it though – yes that’s okay!
Gourmet Bread and Butter Pudding (Using Croissants and Chocolate!) is a twist on the old Bread and Butter Pudding. A truly wicked but enjoyable dessert.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Cut croissants into thirds horizontally and lay in bottom of medium size baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of choc buds over then pour 1 cup of custard, spread until thin layer. Place the next layer of croissants, then chocolate buds and custard, repeat this you should have 3 layers.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil.
- Remove foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve hot with ice cream.