Gourmet Bread and Butter Pudding
I do love the old fashioned version of Bread and Butter Pudding, but it got me thinking, what if we swapped the bread for croissants, and added some chocolate in there. Because chocolate makes everything better!
That and wine, but it wouldn’t taste nice IN this dessert, maybe with it though – yes that’s okay!
Gourmet Bread and Butter Pudding (Using Croissants and Chocolate!) is a twist on the old Bread and Butter Pudding. A truly wicked but enjoyable dessert.
If you want to make your own custard from scratch – we have a really easy recipe for that too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 6 Croissants
- 750 ml Vanilla Custard
- 3/4 cups Chocolate Buds
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
How to Make Gourmet Bread and Butter Pudding
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Cut croissants into thirds horizontally and lay in bottom of medium size baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of choc buds over then pour 1 cup of custard, spread until thin layer. Place the next layer of croissants, then chocolate buds and custard, repeat this you should have 3 layers.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil.
- Remove foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve hot with ice cream.