Grilled Jerk Prawns and Pineapple Skewers is a great one to make during summer. Hot and spicy jerk prawns plus juicy, sweet and fresh pineapples on a stick — a great appetiser to tease those taste buds!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Grilled Jerk Prawns and Pineapple Skewers:
- 20-25 Prawns peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Jerk Marinade
- 2 Slices Pineapple cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 tbsp Thyme chopped
- 1 All Spice
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark Rum
- 1/2 Orange juice and zest
- 1 Lime juice and zest
Grilled Jerk Prawns and Pineapple Skewers
- Marinate the prawns in the half of the jerk marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to over night.
- Skewer the prawns and pineapple and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Puree everything in a food processor.